Christmas morning started with live Christmas music at 6:30 courtesy of Robespierre. We were all thrilled that he brought his cello to play before our early morning meeting. He played very well (who knew?), and many were astounded to learn that he's not just another pretty face.
Later that morning I went to a Christmas brunch at Robert's home, and then to dinner with Lazarus at his parents' lovely home. It was a fine day spent with friends.
Prior to Christmas, I experienced the fun of the Holiday Boat Parade on the James River at a party at Rockett's Landing with Sadie, Sheldon and Robespierre. Then we went to an art show, where we met an interesting pair of potters from Rosewood Pottery. Sadie bought me a beautiful frost green serving bowl.
Next, I took a hastily planned trip to The Netherlands to visit Suzanne. Below are a few pictures from Amsterdam, with more to follow soon. It was quite cold there and it snowed; a harbinger of getting stuck in Detroit for three days on my return trip because of winter weather.
Once I finally made it back to Richmond, Morris, Robespierre & I fortified ourselves with Greek food from Athens Tavern one evening, and then strolled down Monument Avenue to see the decorations. We noted that many houses had scaled back this year, and were not lavishly turned out for the holidays; a sign, no doubt, of the economy. Before we went to dinner, we went to Rosewood Pottery where our new pals, Janet & Kathleen, gave us a tour of their studio and explained the pottery-making process.
Was the owner of this poor car out of town when the blizzard hit? Would any of you like to buy a red sportscar...cheap?
Ah, back at my desk with my feet propped up. Those are my new shoes that I bought at Suzanne's shop. They are handmade, and they feel like butter, I tell you. The gazelle hide came from a domesticated herd that was raised to feed villagers in Africa. Suzanne offers incredibly beautiful handmade products at La Naranja. Be sure to stop by when you are in Amsterdam!












My StumbleUpon Page



7 comments:
I love those shoes!
Is the frame on that car broken? It's difficult to tell from this photo. Add this to the reason I do NOT want a convertible.
I LOVE these shoes!
Sorry about your getting stuck in Detroit for three days. Too bad you didn't have Lou's number.
The pictures are just awesome. What a wonderful post and the shoes seem like the perfect finale. Thank you so much for sharing..it was fun to read.
Namaste
Hey Bill! Just stopping by to catch up. Boy you have been a busy guy! Loved all the pics and stories. Have a wonderful New Year.
Have a Happy 2010 Bill!
Those shoes look great! And those are lovely photos, as always. I went to Amsterdam in 1989 and enjoyed it very much, it is a wonderful city.
A very Happy New Year to you!
I dig your shoes! I hope you had a lovely Christmas and new year's - love the photos :-)
Post a Comment