
It occurred to me this morning that it is the last day of March, and I'd better get cracking if I want to post a few pictures of springtime in Richmond. Spring made a lovely debut in town this year, but has been shoved aside by a petulantly departing Winter. Rather than exiting gracefully with a promise to return when invited, Winter has made a last stand, shaking her fist defiantly. There was a dusting of snow on my deck this past Sunday when I woke up. Nevertheless, Spring is here, and I have a few photos to prove it.
Cherry blossoms in the Malvern Gardens neighborhood
A stunning saucer magnolia tree blooms in Byrd Park
A Queen Anne home in Barton Heights welcomes Spring
Early celebrants enjoy the afternoon at Boat Lake in Byrd ParkI spent one Sunday in mid-March with Brenda & her daughter Emily. After a delicious brunch in Carytown, we went by an open house at a home for sale in Byrd Park. I recommend this as a cheap form of entertainment. We dropped by the 1918 Mediterranean-style house built for the Lathrop family. It's a small place - only 6,750 square feet of living space in the main house. The additional 432 square feet in the separate garage apartment may tip the scales for you if you need more room.
Come on in and look around!Look at it this way, even if you knew someone who lived in this house, you couldn't go visit and rummage through every nook & cranny of their home. Nor would you want to. With a realtor's open house, you have their tacit approval to open doors & cabinets. Open houses are a nosy person's dream come true.
The main staircase in the reception hall
Dining Room
Living Room
3 comments:
A lovely house but, as you say, a tad small...I am not sure how anyone manages to cram in there (and if you could only see the bijou residence I am writing from!)
Hey! These place look...familiar. We had a great day with you, and my daughter now smirks at me when I mention Hollywood cemetery, and the "Presidents in Residence." Look forward to another ramble with you soon...love, Bendy.
Happy Springtime, Sugar!
Post a Comment