Before I head upstairs to bed, I thought I'd share a few photos with you. By now, everyone has probably seen the ground squirrel that photobombed a couple's vacation picture (below). As it turns out, he's been around for awhile. Obviously, he's not camera-shy, but I was surprised to learn that he's been a thread in our nation's fabric since our early days, and still wields power and influence in modern times. He has also visited a couple of my good friends recently. This guy seems to be everywhere!

Here's our furry pal acting as a protocol advisor to President Obama & Michelle on their recent goodwill trip to the Old World. This venture might have been a disaster without his counsel.

Jimi Hendrix would never have played The Star Spangled Banner at Woodstock if not for the urging of this wise marmot.

He was part of the first lunar landing, although some naysayers still claim it was all a ruse. He knows better. He was there.

Passionately devoted to the United States of America when we were still just thirteen ragtag, bickering colonies, few Americans today know that we would never have united as one nation if not for the wise vision he shared with our country's forefathers.

Before you jump to any conclusions, this was not a political endorsement. Our friend was simply foraging for nuts, and he found a really big one.

My friends Suzanne & Brett in Amsterdam were thrilled that he found time to drop in when he was in Europe. They are opening a new shop, La Naranja, in the Kinkerbuurt section of the city. Suzanne told me that he is a whiz at product marketing ideas, and he didn't charge them a thing. They just had to keep their cats outside during the consultation.

My pal Scott will be launching a new art show of his works in September, and confided to me that this little ground squirrel has a keen eye for the best picture placement on the walls of the Nau-Haus Contemporary Gallery in Houston.












My StumbleUpon Page



11 comments:
I like mine best!
That was so funny. Good stuff
I'm glad to see that the squirrel had the good sense to keep its paws off the Queen when it was in England and not get off AF1 wearing shorts. We all know how extremely important and over-arching those issues are to are world right now. ;)
That is one busy squirrel! And he's very photogenic, too.
There was a toy octopus that used to go hiking and traveling abroad with its owner, I can't recall the blog though. Your squirrel would like chatting with him, I'll bet.
That squirrel has been around for a while, obviously. Must be why he's so good at what he does.
oh I think he's hilarious Bill and cute too :-)
You are the most worldly and informed blogger that I have ever known!
OMG! I was laughing so hard here at work I had to duck my head (quack quack) so no one would see me giggling. This was great Bill. More funnies please.
(Naturally So would like HIS better. He's that way you know, always about him......me me me) hee hee
Ha! Ha! Very cute! I think I like Scott's best too:) lol
you're really getting squirrelly
Someone should put him together with a moose. Moose and Squirrel, they could be.
Post a Comment