Where in the world is Planet Bill? What does Prettige Kerstdagen mean? The questions will be (briefly) answered right away.
Prettige Kerstdagen means pleasant or merry Christmas in Dutch, and Planet Bill has temporarily relocated to Amsterdam. I have my trusty camera with me, but will have to wait until my return to the states before I post them for you.
I had a unplanned, unexpected opportunity to make a swell little visit to my friend, Suzanne, and took a flight to Amsterdam Monday. It's cold here! We arrived yesterday at mid-day, and spent the day relaxing at home, and this morning I am going with Suzanne to her shop in the Oud West section of the city.
I accompanied David, who is moving here with his two cats, Brenda & JJ. The cats traveled well, if reluctantly, and slept at our feet during the night flight. We all had to wait at Dulles for a few extra hours before departing for a replacement aircraft. Something about the original plane's toilets exploding or catching fire or somesuch. Once we got under way, the flight was quite pleasant, with minimum turbulence or squalling babies. The cats were models of composure, showing remarkable forbearance for spending over half a days time in travel carriers.
Stay tuned...more to follow!
Casting Nets
1 week ago












My StumbleUpon Page



7 comments:
Gah! Nothing worse than exploding toilets!
I once saw the MOST fabulous pair of shoes on a girl sitting in a window in Amsterdam. I guess she was a shoe model.
Enjoy!
Have a wonderful time in Amsterdam, Bill! I was lucky enough to go there in 1989 and had a lot of fun. It is a terrific city.
Look forward to hearing more about your trip down the road, as it were :)
Can you imagine sitting on the toilet and it exploding? Oh my. Glad you are able to visit with your bestest friend. Have fun dear and can't wait to see all of the wonderful pictures.
Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas, Bill! I came by to bring you some date and nut loaf, but see you're out of the country:) Hope you're having a great time, look forward to hearing all about the trip when you get back!
Praying for safe travels for you! Look forward to hearing more about your trip! My cats would never do well traveling like that. Your friend is fortunate:)
Post a Comment