
Some things I heard lately...
"I don't have to like something to accept it"
"I'm not a 'bad' person trying to get 'good'. I'm a sick person trying to get better."
"When I take risks outside these rooms (AA), I'm finding that people are not to be feared."
"I was not aware of what was wrong with me, but everyone else knew it."
"Even though I have a few years, I can learn from someone who's been in the program for one week," said a man with fourteen years of sobriety.
"I went through life just getting by. Cockiness made me relapse and go back to jail. Now I stay humble and pray for patience."
Tonight I am meeting with two friends from my past that I distanced myself from a few years ago. I will make amends for the things I did in the past. I am eager to take this step. Simply saying I was wrong, and stating the ways I was wrong will be enough; I am not expecting a reconciliation or renewal of our friendship. It is important to me that they know they did nothing wrong to cause me to abandon our friendship. They are wonderful people, and their lives have changed dramatically since I saw them last. I do not play a part in their daily lives, and that is the way it should probably remain. But I think we will all feel better after we meet this evening, and we will be able to greet tomorrow without lingering doubts about the past.
Are you ready for some acronyms? Good!
S.T.E.P.S.












My StumbleUpon Page



3 comments:
That first item on your list, I am slowly getting there. Acceptance goes a long way to obtaining peace and serenity, and those are worth no amount of money!
I came over here from Anna's place because you said, "Barbeque!" and then Virginia Barbeque. Now I'm hungry and wondering if Virginia BBQ is close to me. Ha!
Nice to meet you!
Hi Bill,
I like your planet! The Acronyms are awesome. I also love the cat pics! I'm a cat lover too. I got on blogpost in August but just started really doing something last month. Please come by. No one knows I'm here...ha! Anyway, you are invited. I'll stop by again soon. Peace, jeanne leigh
Post a Comment