Thursday, November 15, 2007

Things I Heard More Recently

An unseen woman in a crowd said "Do it in my hand."



I heard a man say "I used to try to fill myself with drugs and alcohol, and there was never enough. Now I know that I was spiritually empty, and that only spirituality could fill me."



One morning someone said "If I rely on my willpower instead of God's will, this time I may go to the penitentiary."




In a weekend meeting I heard "The truth will set you free, but it will piss you off first."



I heard a woman say "My family life is chaotic right now, and God reminded me yesterday to keep it simple, and that worked."



A father told me that one Christmas his neighbor helped him put a tricycle together and they got drunk. His 3-year-old daughter woke up Christmas morning to find a half-assembled tricycle under the tree.



I heard a man say "I have two tool boxes. One is filled with party buddies, drugs, and booze. The other one is filled with new friends, sobriety, and spirituality. I have a choice of which one I carry with me."




Someone told me something that made no sense, but sounded perfectly logical to them, and I remembered my existence before I became sober.



I heard my sponsor tell me "Trust God. Be good. Help others."




I heard The Waltz of the Snowflakes, and I was reminded that humans can create beauty as well as chaos.




I heard myself say "Thank you, God."












5 comments:

Scott W said...

Touching. Thank you for sharing.

I heard myself say "Thank you, God."

Every day.

Karen said...

I like this post and the one previous to it. I'll have to start listening more carefully throughout the day! Your list for November is nice, too. I also enjoy YOUR comments:)

Pammie said...

I heard myself say "I've got to go check on Bill this morning."
Thank you for all your lovely comments darlin'.

Anonymous said...

The religious woman very very funny!! jajaja

Suzanne said...

A great way to start my day. Yes, the woman who said, Keep it Simple. Especially around the holidays, we all need to hear that one.