
This is a re-post of the list that formerly appeared on my sidebar, reconstituted with chicken stock and expanded from Trial Size to include all 100 things. The sidebar list was taking up too much room over there, and people were missing the funny cat slideshow at the bottom of my blog. Feel free to add your own Travel-Size list in comments.
- I was born two weeks past my due date; establishing a solid foundation of procrastination.
- I have a birthmark on my right kneecap.
- I have owned 7 cars, one through inheritance.
- I'd rather live in peace than rest in peace.
- I love learning new words.
- My oldest, dearest friend lives in Amsterdam.
- I do not live in Amsterdam.
- I would like to visit Amsterdam.
I avoid yardwork at all costs.
- I like all animals, but prefer cats to dogs.
- I pray and meditate daily.
- I love to read books, but can take or leave most magazines.
- A friend & I poured a bottle of Prell shampoo in a shopping mall fountain (see #6).
- I was my senior class chaplain in high school.
I love sampling regional foods, like Maid-Rites.
- I love road trips.
- I live alone.
- I type with four fingers (and one thumb).
- I like old black & white movies.
I can raise either eyebrow separately.
- I like coffee with half & half and Splenda.
- I like rainy days if I can stay home.
- My father was 41 when I was born.
- I have a quick wit.
Organized sports confuse me.
- I do not like to gamble.
- I hate to hurt people's feelings (see #68).
- I lived in the same house from birth until college.
- I had a brain concussion when I was an infant.
- I am a recovering alcoholic.
- I am trying to think before I speak.
- I have trouble with intimate relationships.
I enjoy baking.
- Both of my parents are dead.
- My current car is ten years old.
- I was molested by a neighbor when I was five.
I know how to change a flat tire.
- I've lost many good friends because of my alcoholism.
- I have never had sex with a female.
- I have been self-sufficient since I was nineteen.
- My first job was in maintenance at a local department store.
- I was state champion poetry reader when I was in high school.
- My first boyfriend happened when I was thirteen.
- I had a treehouse made out of a washing machine shell.
I have broken both arms and one leg.
- I learned to drive on a 1968 Dodge pick-up truck with 3-on-the-column and power nothing.
I have seen a tornado up close.
- I have no brothers or sisters.
- I would have an older brother if my mom's first husband hadn't killed him.
I used to be afraid of spiders, but now I like them.
- I believe in God, but I think religion can be dangerous.
- I hate mysogeny.
- I know how to swim.
- I like scary movies.
I have been to Gibraltar.
- I was bitten by a poisonous snake when I was four.
- I am an early riser.
I rented a SmartCar in Spain, and now I want one.
- I do not like to have dirty hands (see #9; see #37).
- I have insomnia fairly frequently.
I saw fields of sunflowers in Spain as far as the eye could see.
- I think everyone should read A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole.
- I do not understand intolerance and bigotry.
- I beat up a neighborhood bully because he was making fun of someone else.
- I am a good instructor.
- My first car was a brand new 1975 Datsun B-210 hatchback (cocoa brown).
I do not have cable television or satellite TV.
- I say the wrong things (see #31).
- God restored my physical health when I became sober.
- God & I are working on my mental health now.
- I am easily distracted.
- I enjoy being alone.
- I like being with other people.
- I do not like crowds.
I had a pet raccoon named Jake.
- I have seen a ghost.
- I believe most people are "good"...but not all.
- I like sunrises and sunsets in equal measure.
I like a grilled hamburger as much as a steak.
- I collect pound cake recipes.
- My kitchen cabinets and drawers are neatly organized.
- I used to drink gin martinis, shaken vigorously, never stirred.
- I like documentaries.
- I like writing.
I still have a suede leather coat I got in junior high school, and it fits.
- I have developed a fear of heights.
- I have been to the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona (see #86).
- I enjoy learning about history.
- I am still astounded that George W. Bush became U.S. President.
- My partner died with AIDS on October 1 several years ago.
- I am working hard on my "control" issues.
- I like taking naps.
- I love art museums, but get overwhelmed quickly.
- I like it when the seasons change.
- The months of October, November, and December used to be difficult for me.
- I would like to learn another language.
- I enjoy looking at old family photos (including yours).
- I used to hate my curly hair; now I like it.
I cry easily.
- I cannot believe I finished this list in one sitting (see #71).
5 comments:
I still have a suede leather coat I got in junior high school, and it fits? Bitch!
You have a fascinating 100 things list. Guess that means you are a fascinating person.
#70 is my favorite!! Let me know when he's finished with that chore :)
1. I spent a former life in the low country of South Carolina on a plantation
2. My head is proportionate to my body.
3. My porn star name is Winky Cedar.
4. I watch carefully for dead things on the side of the road.
5. My favorite word is wolverine.
6. Menopause has shifted my fat to my belly.
7. One of my ancestors established Hampden-Sydney college.
8. I can eat my weight in those little oatmeal-fudgy cookies.
9. Sticky balls from Sticky rice are my favorite food.
10. I hate Halloween
11. I can still do the splits if I am properly warmed up.
12. I can swim if I have to.
13. I can catch bees in my hand if they are threatening a loved one. I once speared one with a fork.
14. I am a fixaholic.
15. I pee when I run.
16. I lie frequently and without conscious (never to Bill who can see through me).
17. I have partied with Geoff Bodine, Harry Hyde and dead Tim Richmond. This is only interesting to Nascar fans.
18. I am a terrible slob.
19. God gave me a Mookie to pay me back for being a liar.
20. My Grandmother drank Early Times every night (but she called it Early Morning).
The book you mentioned sounds interesting -- I put it on my list. I love pound cake -- toasted with vanilla ice cream. Yum. And the only thing that fits me from junior high is my socks. I'm envious of you and the suede coat!
1. I used to be considered an old, dear friend by the author of this blog as in #6 of his 100 list, but God knows what I am now. It seems I have been downgraded to "hostess," according to the story about Bill's near-death experience on this blog.
2. A hostess would never have done all I did when Bill was at probably the lowest point in his life. But a friend might.
3. Making new acquaintances is relatively easy. Facing your history is far more difficult.
4. No other person has interfered in my relationship with Bill. It is what it is because of his behavior, not the behavior of anyone else.
5. I am thrilled for Bill's sobriety. It has kept him alive, and for that I am grateful.
6. Suzanne is one of my oldest and dearest friends, too. (#6 in Bill's list.) I often wonder how their and our friendship would unfold if geography did not separate us, especially during Bill's darkest years.
7. I agree with Bill: no one needs fancy dinners or cruises to see friends. I see friends all the time without doing either one of those things.
8. Being an old, stalwart friend to an alcoholic is both a blessing and a curse. You can serve to fill in the gaps of their memory, but chances are they won't enjoy what you have to say.
9. Renae and Max care deeply that Bill survives and thrives, too. Renae is a character and a great lady. She and I share a lot, includng memories of being hurt as a kid, our periods of single-motherhood, and now the thrills of "personal summers," my favorite euphemism for menopause. We split the cost of a cruise to St. Thomas and St. Maarten recently, and we had a ball.
10. Emily is a great kid and I am so lucky to have a best friend and partner in my husband, Steve. They are two of the coolest people on the planet, and they put up with me, too, so they must be patient!
11. It is amazing how God and prayer pops up in the lives of people who have been close to death. I have been there, too, and it scares the crap out of you.
12. You are not poor if you are considering a plane ticket to Amsterdam. You are rather choosing to spend your money as it suits you. Nothing wrong with that, so long as you don't play the poverty card with your pals.
13. The new Patricia Cornwell book is OK. I am about halfway through it.
14. Beau is now out of the Army and engaged to be married. Life rolls on for my young hero.
15. Karma is, as karma does.
16. I am weary of being considered the "responsible, sensible one" by my friends. I resolve to do less of that responsibility stuff, and to have a heckuva lot more fun.
17. You can thank Jean for leading me to your blog.
20. I just achieved my 20 year anniversary with Circuit City.
21. My family and I participated in the Boys Club Angel tree, buying and wrapping gifts for a needy child. We also adopted a new pup from the SPCA.
22. I am freeing myself of all the powers of attorney people like to give to me (see #16.) It's liberating knowing I won't have to fight other people's families about their posessions or their care.
23. Learning self-love and self-respect is also about learning what your limitations are, and not letting people cross those lines, no matter how much you love them. (See #22.)
24. I consider myself an informed optimist. Most days I am happy, some days cynicism creeps in. I am working to let happiness rule.
signing off....B
Post a Comment