Here is the bride moments before she walked down the aisle. Her gown was handmade for her in The Netherlands, and it moved with her beautifully. It looks good in the picture, but even better in motion.Today I'm posting a few pictures from the wedding portion of my trip, and I'll be back later to tell you details about my weekend in Vermont. It was a heaping spoonful of fun.
Here's the scrumptious cake, with the yellow icing hiding a layer of dark chocolate ganache/mousse/sin-goop sandwiched between dark-as-midnight chocolate cake layers. Note the little Dutch boy & girl kissing on top of the cake.
Here is the future Mister Suzanne and Suzanne's Lady of Honor, Kristen.I dashed about town with the Bride and the Lady of Honor the afternoon of the wedding looking for large vases. The roses were flown in from South America. The vases are plastic bathroom trash cans from the local Walmart. Sometimes it helps to have a Queer Eye handy for emergencies.
Oh! Woe! What's a girl to do with leftover champagne?I know! Can you imagine? Leftover champagne??? Clearly, these were amateur drinkers, leaving God knows how many bottles untouched at the end of the evening.
The morning after the wedding, all guests were invited to the groom's parent's home for a delicious breakfast. Here you can see the scattering of autumn leaves on their front lawn. Bennington is a beautiful little town, and I'm glad I was able to be at Suzanne and Brett's Big Fat New England Wedding.Stay tuned for my solitary pilgrimage to East Dorset, birthplace and burial spot of Bill Wilson, a co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous. Our Vermont adventure will continue later...












My StumbleUpon Page



11 comments:
Lightweights!
Isn't that the Amityville Horror House?
Awesome house and lovely photos! I am digging the cake. Hey, if the bride can't find a use for the champagne, she's more than welcome to let me drink it for her :D
Wonderful pictures. I love looking at wedding pictures and family pictures, even if I don't have a clue who the people are.
Sounds fabulous!
Vermont is such a classically lovely place!
The cake is darling. Love the yellow.
Beautiful bride, lovely photos, house of just the kind that I wish I lived in...and champagne too! Perfect.
And now I am going to join your Followers!
Bill! Get me some of that cake! ;)
That cake looks like it is plastic! It is beautiful though. So is the bride. Love that dress man.
I always loved having the queer eye when I was shopping or doing whatever. So has/is very good at what I need him to do. he he
"Clearly, these were amateur drinkers, leaving God knows how many bottles untouched at the end of the evening." hahaha you put it perfectly, Bill. I remember feeling like that the first night I ever drank, when I woke up first thing in the morning to hobble to the bathroom...there were two wine bottles still on the porch! I'd better take care of them before someone else did!
How did I miss this earlier??? Thanks, Bill, and thanks everyone, friends and strangers, for such kind comments on my wedding! It was a dream, just like I'd hoped it would be, and it would not have been the same without this guy here on Planet Bill. Love ya, man!!! Mwah! - The Bride
Post a Comment