Thursday, October 9, 2008

Writer's Blockhead

Yoo Hoo! Lookie who's posting an entry on his blog! Don't get your hopes up...it's just a short note to say "howdy."

I'm sorry I have been away from Planet Bill for awhile. Many of you have left comments or dropped a note in my mailbox asking where I have been. I am doing well. I have been taking road trips, answering the AA hotline many hours each week, exploring the city and surrounding areas, adapting to a new job, and spending less time at home. It's been good for me, but I have missed all my blog buddies, so I need to balance my time a bit better.

Here are some of the highlights I want to tell you about soon:

  • touring the Maggie Walker House in the Jackson Ward section of Richmond

  • being tipped off by a friend to a great little restaurant called The Black Sheep

  • an AA meeting we held outside in the rain because we couldn't get inside a church

  • my road trip to Vermont for Cousin Janet's wedding

I also bought my first digital camera (because of Janet's wedding), so you may see my actual photos pop up from time to time. As soon as I get the software loaded on my computer. The photos are accumulating in my camera at present.

Thanks for dropping by, and I'll be checking in on each of you soon. I don't have to work this weekend, so I should have time to roam through the blog universe. In the meantime, have an easy day.

12 comments:

Karen said...

Hey, Bill, it's so great to have you back! I've missed you;) How did Aunt Magenta do at the wedding?

Java said...

Wow! It's been a while since your last post!

Glad to hear you are keeping productively busy. Balance, now there's an important concept. I'm a bit off, myself.

Amypie71 said...

Glad you're back, I was wondering where you were, looking forward to seeing some of your photos :-)

dAAve said...

Thanks for checking in Bill.
I look forward to your new postings.

Scott W said...

We didn't want you to be one of those that disappears off our blog roll. With a little butter and jam you'll do fine.

Looking forward to your reports of the trip to Vermont.

Pammie said...

Well, it's a shame that you haven't go to do anything.

Lidian said...

I was so happy to see Planet Bill in my Google Reader - I missed you!
Look forward to all the future reports and glad that everything's good with you -

Trailboss said...

Hi sweetie! I'm glad you are back and look forward to wonderful stories and pictures too.

Birdie said...

THERE you are! So glad to have you back! Can't wait to hear about your adventures once again.

Anonymous said...

HI BILL!!!!!!!

Akannie said...

Am enjoying your mother's diary. Found you from Pammie's place.
May love you just from that wonderful Hiney quote...lol

Zanejabbers said...

Bill, Happy Days are here again. Really missed you. You have been one busy little Bee.