Sunday, April 27, 2008

Craig Ferguson, Call Me!

I got a bit of a shock this morning. For months (okay, years) I have been going through life assuming that Christopher Meloni is my boyfriend. Nevermind that Mr. Meloni is a happily married father; I ignore that detail. I was understandably dismayed this morning to learn that Chris is Maddog's boyfriend! On the heels of learning this, my television reminded me that I have another true love. His name is Craig Ferguson.


While sipping coffee and snooping around on the Internet earlier, the Sunday Morning show on CBS aired a segment on Craig Ferguson, the host of the Late, Late Show. I'm not sure when I first watched his show, but I do remember thinking that we shared the same kooky sense of humor. Craig's show opens with a monologue that is unscripted, and he delivers it unaided by tele-prompter or cue cards. If I find myself awake at midnight on a weeknight, I frequently say "Oh, the hell with bedtime! I'll stay up for the Late, Late Show" and I promise myself a nap the next day.


One of my favorite parts of the Late, Late Show is when Craig reads and answers e-mail questions from viewers. His parodies of Prince Charles, Sean Connery, Michael Caine, and Angela Lansbury (as sleuth Jessica Fletcher) are too darned funny. I also like it when he gets tickled at himself and bursts out laughing. There's no doubt that he is "not right" in the head, but that's part of his charm.


One thing I can tell you about Craig Ferguson is that he is a very tender and passionate lover. I know this from personal experience. One night after I had clicked off the television, Craig came to me in a dream. Most of my dreams are not in the least erotic, leaning more to floating or flying, or trying to figure out how in the heck to get off of a perilously tall structure like a bridge or a building. On this particular night, Craig and I did not meet at my house or his, but apparently in a tent. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Craig was feeling frisky, and things progressed from there. I also learned that Craig is assertive, without being selfishly aggressive. A dream lover in every sense of the expression. Yes, I know that he is heterosexual and has a seven-year-old son, so shut up.


Another thing that bonds me to Craig is that he is a fellow recovering alcoholic. He is candid about this, although he wisely declines to specify the name of the 12-step program that saved his life. The Sunday Morning show included an excerpt of a serious monologue from earlier this year, and I'm including a link here because it is well worth your time. As you watch, you will sense that the audience is initially a little confused to hear him speak to them with seriousness in this from-the-heart chat. You will see for yourself why I love this man. He does not shut the door on his past, and he has moved on to a wonderful life.


So, I relinquish Christopher Meloni to Maddog, knowing that I have a new man in my life. Call me, Craig!

14 comments:

Zanejabbers said...

I love it. The Queen has a Princess telephone! Craig's show has now surpassed Conan O/B in the late night ratings. Maddog does not know what he is talking about.
CM is mine. MINE. Mine. MINE.

Scott W said...

Why should I call you Craig when your name is Bill? I am most confused!

Birdie said...

Wow. What a powerful message from Craig. My father made the same decision Craig did on Christmas Day, but he followed through with it. Alcohol's power can only be defeated with a Greater Power.

You have incredibly good taste in men, Bill. Thank you for posting that link.

Birdie

Skippy said...

I LOVE Christopher Meloni! I will let your friend have him, if I can have Vincent D'Onofrio. I know what you mean about Craig Ferguson, I saw the video of that speech of his on youtube. So happy he's a fellow friend of Bill! (the other Bill). Not sure if he's a friend of Dorothy, though. Never hurts to ask, though!

Stay awesome,
L

Janet said...

Oh dear - I had to Google Christopher Meloni, but now I've got a comparison I'd say drop Chris and go for Craig, much prettier by far. Oh heck why choose, have both!

annabkrr said...

Send me that damn Princess phone!!! OMFG!!

Craig can't be your bf. He is my bf!!

Patricia Marie said...

I need to have dreams like you.........

Maddog said...

It's a damn good thing you gave me Chris Meloni. He's been my boyfriend since his days on OZ. If you haven't seen it, you need to rent it, because he's nakkid in it a bunch. Although, I'm no a friend of Bill's I have a million friends that are. My friendships with them has changed my life.

Daniela said...

Although I think that Craig is definitely cute, he is nooo christopher Meloni, who by the way has been MYYYYY boyfriend for years. He's such a two timer. Whatever. My other pretend boyfriends are as follows:

Samuel L. Jackson
Jack Nicholson
And Brad Pitt will do in a pinch.

There are more, but it's only 7 am and I'm at work and haven't had my coffee yet. xoxo

Pammie said...

Craig called me this morning, to welcome me home. He told me that he has been having strange dreams, but did not go into them. But ya know that Tim Gunn is my fantasy lover! Maybe....just maybe Bill...we should swap..just sayin'.

Mighty Aphrodite said...

As Billy Joel said, "Sometimes a fantasy is all you need." Don't know the two chaps you're speaking of but both of them would be missing out if they kicked you to the curb.

Thanks for your support.

KAS

Anonymous said...

I was watching Craig a few weeks ago and he did a skit in drag and it made me think of you Bill. You know he played Drew Carrie's boss on the "Drew Carrie Show".

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Ugh!!! I can't believe Chris! Why that two timing.. err three timing rat! I'll just have to watch the shower scenes from oz over and over and over and over and over and...well you get the idea Bill! ;)

the cajun said...

Just stumbled upon your site and get introduced to not only Craig Ferguson, but this powerful story as well.

Last week I had an incident with a friend who had too much to drink then lashed out at me because his meal was the last to arrive at our table of 6. While 5 of us enjoyed a glass of wine, he chose to have 2 of these new things called apple-tinis.

I've seen him act like this one other time, but now I don't want to chance it out in public again.

Thanks for the site and your writing