Boy, it is an incredibly beautiful day here! The sun is bright, the skies are blue, the breeze is sweet, birds are singing, and it's mild with low humidity. My neighbor is out of town, so I went down at 6:30 and took her newspaper in and fed her cat. When I returned home, I hung my big ol' American flag out front in honor of my dad and his service to the USA.The humidity is low today, too. Did I mention that?
When I came back inside, a television commercial caught my attention. Haynes Furniture is running the biggest sale in their history this very weekend. Incredible! I had planned to stay home doing housey stuff today, but I may need to reconsider.
Then, on the heels of that commercial, the fellow from Victory Nissan breathlessly informed me that his car dealership is running the biggest sale in their history. Now I'm starting to get excited, and here's why: these merchants have been running the biggest sales in their histories regularly for at least a couple of years now. At this rate, their merchandise must be reduced to mere pennies.
I've decided to wait. I have laundry to do, pasta sauce to make, and some impatiens and geraniums to plant. Besides, Independence Day will be here before you know it, and by then it's likely that I can swing by Victory Nissan to grab the keys to a free truck, and then zip over to Haynes Furniture to load a free sofa in the truck bed. That's my plan. I may even be able to negotiate money for gas. I just hope I'm not pressing my luck by delaying.
By the way, the humidity here today is comfortably low, in case you were wondering.
Happy Memorial Day, Dad, and thanks for helping us win World War II!













My StumbleUpon Page



14 comments:
A HUGE thanks for all who have served our country.
Uh, Bill, say, how's the weather there? And uh, say, how 'bout sending some of that pasta sauce Kentucky way. I made a new dish last Sunday and it was a huge hit but would have been better with homemade sauce.
I do SO hope your flag is well hung.
And I'm on my way over for some pasta with Titanium White sauce!!
I really feel like a bum. I had lasagna tonight, from Stouffers. I will admit that it was yummy, although i'm sure it is nothing like yours. Hey, while your out picking up your new sofas, could you please pick up a new dining room table for me? I want one and since they are practically free. I'd really appreciate it.
D
I hadn't forgotten that it was Memorial Day. That is the holiday about the "biggest sales" ever right. It's only second to Christmas which is about buying as much as you can for people who won't appreciate it. I'm so glad you reminded me of these things. I'll have to go spend some money now.
And what time is dinner? Sounds like you are going to have a full house.
You make me laugh :o) So glad you're having a beautiful day. Good call on waiting for the next sale. Every now and then, the advertising gets to me and I think now is the time for a new Jeep Liberty (I mean yeah, I'm trying to go green and not drive at all, but...FREE GAS!!!)...I must have one.
Luckily, I don't have $99, and I don't have a job, so I can't head on down to Franklin Kia and ride today.
Liz
Kias for only $#99? Mine cost about $15,000 more than that in 1995!
How's the relative humility? Oh, you said humidity. Nevermind.
You got a free sofa! woah way to go!
Comfortable humidity levels will of course get more and more rare as the season progresses. Some days I feel as though I would breathe easier if I were a fish. I really really really like these fresh spring days with low humidity. A lot. As do you, evidently. :)
I bought sheets yesterday...cuz it's the memorial day thing to do. Then put the flags out. I've heard the term low humidity...but I can't relate.
I too, am grateful for your dad. The weather here was gorgeous also. Very low humidity by the way.
OH Crap! What was I thinking?
I just went to get the new sheets out of the bag and realized that I just bought plain ol' King Size. I have to buy those special DEEP kind of bottom sheets. The deepest number they have. Where was my brain...damn..and I so wanted to sleep on new beautiful gold colored sheets tonight.
I hate to return things!
Prayers ascend to honor your dad.
When I lived in NYC there were a number of stores in Times Square that touted perpetually "going out of business" sales.
And then there's the infamous line, " if Wal*Mart is lowering prices every day, why isn't anything free?"
You make pasta sauce, I make pasta salad. My cooking options are limited, so recipes must be adapted to this dynamic.
It ain't easy, but I'm creative and I does it.
Homemade pasta sauce and spaghetti sounds awesome. I promised my son I'd made some while he's home these couple weeks. Today is gray and drizzly -- perfect day for it. How 'bout you send some of yours over here?
My thanks to your dad and all the WWII soldiers. God bless 'em.
We dropped out of the teevee culture all weekend. I feel healthier. And I had time to reflect on the service of my grandfathers in WWII.
Post a Comment