Saturday, March 22, 2008

Feeling Testy

I have a T-shirt from a trip to St. Pete's beach in Florida emblazoned with Crabby Bill on the back. Although the shirt seemed to be made with me in mind, it was a souvenir shirt from a beachfront restaurant near our hotel. My friend and travel companion Brenda and I agreed, though, that it suited me just fine.


I've been crabby the past few days because I hurt my foot, and I've been having trouble getting around. I'd like to say that the injury resulted from rock climbing, saving a child from a mad dog, or even jogging, but I'd be lying. It was an unprovoked attack from my vacuum cleaner. I'm not sure if it lunged, or I made a misstep. Either way, I slammed my foot into it and - boy - does it hurt. I tried ignoring it the first day, but when I took my sneaker off that night my foot "swole up." as Pam would say. The pain has made sleep difficult, and I turn into Crabby Bill when I don't get rest. All this because of a stupid Electrolux. That'll learn me to stay away from housework.


Sitting at the computer makes my foot throb. Watching movies in bed with my foot propped up seems to be helping, so I hope to be back on both feet soon. In the meanwhile, I've included some tests and a game below to help pass some of your time. The first one concerns your health, is from the CDC, and is a must for anyone considering long-range travel.

adult immunization quiz

Do you think you know yourself? I found out that I've changed. Below is one of the best personality tests around.

Jung/Myers-Briggs

You can take a variety of morality tests through the next link. Ooh, scary!

morals

This one is just silly, but it may take you awhile to get the hang of this game.

cat-with-bow golf

I'll be mending my foot and working on a new post in the meantime. Have fun, and please check back soon!

p.s. I forgot to say Happy Easter! Here's a seasonal quiz for you. Hop to it...



What Your Easter Egg Says About You



You are truly optimistic, open, and hopeful.

And your optimism gives you the courage to live life adventurously.

You love new experiences, ideas, and challenges.

You see life as a fluid, growing process.

8 comments:

Karen said...

Hey Bill, take care of that foot. Maybe you should wrap it, sometimes that takes the pressure off. The Easter egg suits you to a tee, I think. I took the Meyers-Briggs test. Interesting how it changed from the last time, (which was years ago). It seems accurate, except for the part that says I could be an engineer -- HAH!

Zanejabbers said...

Truth be told, you just jammed you foot into a size 5 Wedgie for Easter. LOL Hope your foot gets better, missed your posts this week. Happy Easter to you dahlink.

Patricia Marie said...

So you and the vacuum got into it a bit? Oh Bill. Anyway, have a nice Easter and just so you know I am heading to Clearwater Beach in May. My family has a house down there and I am very familar with Crabby Bill's and it is not because that is my husband's name either. SHHHH.

danny/ink2metal said...

aww, bill! sorry to hear that your vacuum cleaner needs to have some obedience training. maybe you need to threaten it with replacement with a cheap swiffer carpet flick.

anyway, enjoy the easter holiday. for a good laugh and short cry, you should watch steel magnolias. the easter scene at the end of the movie makes it perfect to watch this time of year.

;-}

Scott W said...

Were you imitating Bunny going after the vacuum cleaner? He HATES it!

dAAve said...

I really hope that the Electrolux in a fine working condition. Or, as a friend might say, it sucks.

Anonymous said...

Oh,Bill, now love ya' even more, seeing how you are a clutz just like me. That's why I no longer have a coffee table. We never give our feet much thought until they break down & hurt on us. Guess you won't be "runnin' off" anywhere soon. I hope you get better soon and have a great Easter weekend in bed watching movies.

Pammie said...

Why can't you just be honest Bill and say you kicked the damn vacum cleaner??? We've all done it, it's nothing to be ashamed of.
I'm a sucker for those "tests", I'll be doing that when I'm thru here.
I loved Easter night when my mother would make egg salad sandwhiches out of all the easter eggs. I'm still crazy over a good egg salad sandwhich.
I hope your foot gets to feeling better darlin'.
Happy Easter/Sunday my sweet friend.