Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Quick Thursday Post

I got this suggestion from Janet, who lives across the pond at Parkeresque. Try this:
  1. Go to google.com
  2. Type in find Chuck Norris
  3. Click I'm Feeling Lucky

The image on the left comes from Jeremy, and he offers a nice selection of toilet paper for home or office. You can visit his site by clicking here in case you're looking for an imaginative (but useful) gift for a housewarming, birthday, or just want to spruce up your own home. Karen, there's even TP inspired by your hero, John Wayne!


Take a look at this story in the Chicago Tribune about one of my blog buddies, Billy Bump. I found it quite inspiring. Bill has 27 years worth of hard-earned sobriety, and despite a challenging homelife, works each day helping others who still suffer with alcoholism. Thanks for sharing your story, Bill!

I hope everyone is doing well, and enjoying signs of spring. We're seeing the early seasonal flowers here in Richmond, and my sinuses are telling me that spring is already here. This morning before my early AA meeting the birds were singing their hearts out as the sun was waking up. Whee!

8 comments:

Jen said...

Hah -- I love the toilet paper. Congrats to Billy Bump! I wish my dad would follow his example.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

I like my TP plain white thank you. I just don't want a face staring at me when I need privacy!

Good for Billy and good for Bill, I am happy for them both.

We still have snow up to our eyeballs! :(

Karen said...

Great website on the TP, I suspect the Duke would get a kick out of it.

Billy's story is inspirational. Thanks for the link to his blog. It just goes to show that adversity can be overcome by the right person. And with enough hope and prayer and gumption, we can all be that kind of person. What an awesome guy.

Lemuel said...

My bum hurts just thinking about such things!

I hope the bird songs were cheering and not annoying.

Skippy said...

kickass toilet paper! Literally! Unfortunately, I don't have enough money to wipe my ass with, and thus must be resigned to off-brand toilet tissue. Maybe I'll buy it for a gag gift or something...I'm always looking for what to give at those silly white elephant Christmas parties.

Zanejabbers said...

Twenty little black birds baked in a pie -- OH DEAR. I'm, sure they were not singing that. I love the sping also.

Janet said...

the spring is sprung,
the grass is riz,
i wonder where the birdies is?
the birdies is on the wing -
aint that absurd?
'cos everybody knows
the wing is on the bird.

we put the clocks forward here on Saturday - yippee, going to work and coming home in daylight at last.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by Bill, as usual when I clicked over here I got a much needed chuckle. Isent it nice to enjoy hearing the birdies tweet in the morning. I heard a saying once about how birds have blind faith because they start chirping before the sun comes up